Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I know we hear a lot about how the government screws up and I know that I hear a lot about how the government wastes (I even wrote a post about this), but there are some things that the government money is good for. For example, the atomic bomb or more commonly known as the Manhattan project is a great example of how they can use money to help further the development of technology that we use today; and now that we are in a situation that looks dire today with gas prices today I think we should look to the government for help again.
The other day I was watching television and see a commercial for a car, but not just any car it was the Honda FCX Clarity. Now I like to talk about cars but this one is well…Special. You see the FCX runs on a hydrogen fuel cell and is completely (catch that completely) free of gas. It runs on a compact Lithium Battery located between the seats, under the vehicle. Now I thought, you know call me crazy, but what if we had a government program to give people a discount if they trade in their car for one of these more fuel-efficient vehicles. That way we relieve this pressure of getting gas and start to wean ourselves off of this crutch that is oil. My one desire is that I will live to see the day that I can drive to town in my car and not have to worry about where the gas hand is at, that once more the joy of driving can return and replace the dread of going near the pump and just enjoy life.

No comments: